M.M. as M.M.

My M.M. is actually dressing as another M.M. this Halloween.  M.M. = Minnie Mouse.

fall festival_0002

And what a cute little Minnie Mouse she is!

fall festival_0004

Originally Mother bought her a cowgirl costume at Gymboree, but the more I thought about the more I realized that 1. She’s a cowgirl almost every day of her life {and can certainly dress like one anytime she wants!} and 2. I really wanted to make her costume.

fall festival_0010

So then I had to decide what I wanted to make for her.  I was really leaning towards an owl and started browsing Etsy looking for ideas when I saw a pretty cute Minnie Mouse dress.  And then I was sold.

fall festival_0007

See, when I was little I was obsessed with Mickey Mouse.  I had over 70 Mickeys in my room, I had Mickey sheets, Mickey clothes, Mickey plates and glasses, heck, my mom even had a Mickey Mouse waffle maker just for me.  We went to Disney World four times and on a Disney cruise because I was ga-ga for Mickey.  So I thought it would be fitting to dress my little girl as Minnie {I’m not dressing up as Mickey though, hehe}.

fall festival_0020

But I couldn’t find any Minnie costumes I liked.  They were either too risque for a child {I saw one toddler wearing a two piece, midriff baring costume, no thank you} or not accurate.  I found this picture of Minnie and ran with it.  I did decide to make the neckline higher, but other than that I wanted MM to be as spot-on as possible as Minnie.

Celebration Band featuring Mickey and Minnie Mouse

I chose Simplicity pattern 7189 view F for the dress and bloomers.  I shortened the dress and added a band so that the dress would flare out and you would always see her bloomers.  I added lace to the bloomers.

fall festival_0019

The socks and ears I found on Etsy.  I could have made both myself easily, but decided making the dress-bloomers was enough for this mama.  I found the shoes at the Disney Store on sale for $10.  I did cut the gaudy Minnie Mouse buttons off of them though.  The gloves were $3 on ebay.  And the little trick-or-treat bag you see in some of the pictures came from Darby.

fall festival_0012

Yesterday MM had her Halloween pictures made and then went to my school for our fall festival.  She won first place in the 0-5 year old age group and was so proud of her little ribbon.  Tonight we went to my parents’ church for their fall festival and trunk-or-treating {and where these pictures were taken}.  Next weekend she’ll be wearing her costume both days to different festivities.

fall festival_0024

fall festival_0023

What a cute little Minnie Mouse she is, if I don’t say so myself!  {This is her “boyfriend” Grant.  I grew up with both of his parents and wouldn’t mind at all if they dated or married…in a good 30 -35 years of course!}

Photobucket

13 Responses to M.M. as M.M.

1. Jess October 25, 2010 at 12:03 am #

Natalie, her costume looks AMAZING! I’ve never seen Minnie look so cute!!

2. Shayna @ Texas Monkey October 25, 2010 at 10:40 am #

Oh I love this, you did such a great job, she is an adorable Minnie Mouse. Would love for you to link up with All About You Monday and show off!

3. anne maskell October 25, 2010 at 11:25 am #

Oh mt goodness! I’m so glad you went with Minnie Mouse! Your daughter looks adorable, and you did a fantastic job on her costume. I also love the pics! Thanks so much for sharing!

4. Randall October 25, 2010 at 11:31 am #

She looks darling!

5. Laura October 25, 2010 at 4:50 pm #

How adorable. I love her shoes.

This week is my blog anniversary and I’m hosting a week’s worth of great giveaways. Feel free to stop by if you’d like!

6. Mimi October 25, 2010 at 8:15 pm #

What a fun day with Minnie Mouse! I love my little MM!!!!

7. Krafty Kat October 25, 2010 at 8:41 pm #

She is just precious! Great costume-where did you find those shoes? So stinkin’ cute! Found you over at Texas Monkey!

8. Nike@ChooseToThrive October 26, 2010 at 11:13 am #

Love you cute her costume is and how creative you were to pull all the pieces together. Adorable!

9. Val October 28, 2010 at 12:03 pm #

So cute!

10. Melissa October 29, 2010 at 12:25 pm #

SO cute! I also agree that the costumes in the store look a little too cheesy to me:) I love the classic look of your costume:)

My daughter was Minnie Mouse when we went to Disneyland last month.
    Here is her costume:

Oh…and good job on making you daughter’s costume! So much cooler than just picking one off the rack that every other little girl will be wearing:)

11. Kristen October 29, 2010 at 11:22 pm #

ah that is so so cute!! I LOVE it! If you have time come link up @ Ladybug Blessings Handmade Tuesdays next week! http://www.ladybug-blessings.com

12. Jami November 1, 2010 at 10:16 am #

This is so sweet. She looks just adorable in it! I am hosting a Halloween Costume Parade at Ain’t She Crazy! This would be perfect; I’d love to have you add your link.
    🙂
    -Jami

13. marni November 1, 2010 at 12:27 pm #

I featured your adorable homemade costume over at Sassy Sites today! Come by and check it out! Don’t forget to grab a featured button while you are there… xoxo!!